Morrison-Maierle has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Low Voltage Technology Engineer / Designer to join our Buildings Market Group.
Morrison-Maierle is an employee-owned company with a career's worth of opportunities, benefits, and satisfactions. We hire candidates who live our Core Values and who want to deliver on our Core Purpose which is to create solutions that build better communities. We believe this is truly worthwhile, and why Morrison-Maierle has provided engineering, surveying, planning, and scientific excellence for over 70 years.
We have built our reputation on creating engineering solutions that build better communities. As a regional firm anchored in the western United States, Morrison-Maierle has approximately 300 employees and is currently ranked within the Engineering News Record’s “Top 500 Design Firms.”
Low Voltage Technology Engineer / Designer
Morrison-Maierle is recruiting to fill a Low Voltage Technology Engineer / Designer position. This individual will join a strong, diverse team delivering projects to Architectural and Facility clients, among others. As part of our team, the successful candidate will be responsible for interfacing with clients, consultants, design staff and other design team professionals to understand their low voltage requirements in order to deliver bidding documents.
Duties will include working under the direction of the Project Manager and Task Managers in the execution of project related duties. Over time, specific responsibilities will include:
· Design and Drafting of low voltage floor plans. Tel/Data layout, structured cabling layout, server room design, audio visual, public address systems, access controls, cameras and security.
· Preparation of written specifications.
· Coordination of REVIT model/ceilings and backgrounds with architect, and responses to Request For Information from the contractors. Assembly and editing of construction specifications. Drafting of As-Built drawings for record.
· Tasks may also include riser diagrams, site inspections and punch lists, email and inter-office memorandum, report writing, submittal review, and design and construction meetings with owners, architects, and contractors. Must be familiar with or ability to learn the application of relevant codes.
· Managing projects including schedule, scope, technical, quality and financial success.
· Providing general supervision of technical staff, ensuring projects are completed in accordance with client requirements and company policies and standards.
· Professional and career development of staff.
· Performing as Client Service Manager and Project Manager, as necessary.
· Monitoring quality assurance and risk management procedures. Create and modernize quality assurance procedures, when necessary.
· Perform Quality Control functions, when necessary.
· Initiating, managing and assisting in building client relationships, including maintaining, expanding and enhancing existing client relationships, forging new relationships with prospective clients and securing profitable new work.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (related field). P.E. preferred, but not required.
CCNA, RCDD, PSP, CPP, CTS, CTS-D, PMP Certifications a plus or the ability to obtain one in 1 to 2 years.
Minimum of 10 years professional experience in delivering consulting and related services to the buildings consulting industry. Familiarity with the creation of bidding documents a must. Familiarity with low voltage-related design services in related markets in which Morrison-Maierle competes desirable.
Client relationship building skills, and the ability to pursue and capture projects. Must be service oriented and be excited to work in a team environment. Interpersonal skills to interface effectively with employees and managers. Positive attitude and professional bearing. Strong organizational skills and aptitude for detail.
This position requires regular travel to Morrison-Maierle offices and to select conferences/business development venues. Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
$60,000 - $85,000 depending on experience
Bozeman, Helena, Kalispell, and Missoula offices are the preferred locations but will consider any location where Morrison-Maierle currently has offices.
Relocation allowances are available.
An Equal Opportunity Employer for Minority / Female / Disability / Veterans
What's So Special About Working at Morrison-Maierle? How does unmatched control over your own life and career path sound? We strive to be the most flexible, diverse, and family friendly employer there is, which are some of the reasons why we are 100% Employee Owned. When you work for Morrison-Maierle, you'll be entitled to a career's worth of opportunities, benefits, and satisfaction. We hire candidates who live our Core Values and who want to deliver on our Core Purpose to create solutions that build better communities. We believe this is truly worthwhile, and it is why Morrison Maierle has provided engineering, surveying, planning, and scientific excellence for the past 70 years.
Our employee-owners enjoy a comprehensive benefit package which includes Employee Stock Ownership & 401(k) Retirement plans, Incentive Compensation, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account employer contribution, Wellness Incentives, Paid Personal and Holiday Leave, Company Paid Life/AD&D and Long Term Disability Insurance as well as voluntary, employee paid benefits such as Short Term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance.
Established in 1945, the firm has built its reputation on commitment to quality. Our core values of Integrity, Respect, Commitment and Excellence form the foundation of everything we do. As a regional firm with a staff of approximately 300, Morrison-Maierle, Inc. is currently ranked No. 326, within the Engineering News Record’s “Top 500 Design Firms”. What's So Special About Working at Morrison-Maierle?How does unmatched control over your own life and career path sound? We strive to be the most flexible, diverse, and family friendly employer there is. When you work for Morrison-Maierle, you'll be entitled to a career's worth of opportunities, benefits, and satisfactions. We hire candidates who live our Core Values and who want to deliver on our Core Purpose. We create solutions that build better communities. We believe this is truly worthwhile and why Morrison-Maierle exists.EEO / AAP EMPLOYER